While The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2019 is less than a month away, the excitement is immense among film lovers, especially after the announcement of few amazing films. This year the steering committee includes Karan Johar, Madhur Bhandarkar, Rahul Rawail, Subhash Ghai and Siddharth Roy Kapur to name a few. Each year, IFFI brings something new to the table and one can only expect this film festival to be bigger and better in its 50th edition this year.
Here are the 5 reasons why you shouldn’t miss out on IFFI to be held in Goa from 20th to 28th November, 2019.
1) New initiatives – With many new sections such as Master Frames, Soul of Asia, Retrospective of an international filmmaker, Silent Films with Live Music, Oscar Retrospective, Restored Indian Classics, this year’s festival promises to be a new experience in cinema.
2) Films from 76 countries– IFFI 2019 will screen feature films from 76 countries around the world. Each year a particular country is given focus at the festival to encourage cultural exchange and promote the friendly bond that exists between India and them. This year, Russia may be on board as the country of focus. So, be sure to expect a vast array of films that depict its rich culture.
3) Get to see and interact with your favourite celebrities– While the inaugural and closing ceremonies are an invite-only affair, as a festival delegate, you get to enjoy so much more. IFFI offers you an opportunity to spectate the grand red carpet celebrity appearances and interactions with your favourite celebrities in Goa.
4) Award winning films – Don’t miss your chance to watch the award winning films that have been showcased in famous film festivals round the globe such as Cannes, Toronto International Film Festival and the Oscars. In addition to these, you also get to witness film pemieres of critically acclaimed films.
5) Attend Masterclass– At IFFI Masterclasses with prominent filmmakers would be organised that will give an opportunity to aspiring filmmakers to listen, interact and learn from the masters.
By News Helpline