Going bankrupt is a nightmare no one ever wishes for! And when a famous celebrity goes bankrupt, it is ought to make headlines! And here we bring to you interesting and shocking cases of Bollywood celebs who went bankrupt and had zero money to pay their debts!
- Preity Zinta: Now a proud owner of IPL’s Kings XI Punjab team, Preity Zinta faced a major financial crisis when production venture ‘Ishqk in Paris’ terribly toppled on box office. Writer-director reportedly even filed a case against her for non-payment of dues. Preity then had put her apartment on rent and apparently took financial help from Salman Khan, her very close friend.
- Amitabh Bachchan: The Big B of Bollywood went under debt of over 90 crores when his ABCL company went bankrupt. It happened in 2000 and he had to mortgage all his properties. It was then that Kaun Banega Crorepati came to his rescue and helped him get out from the losses.
- Anupam Kher: The finest ever actor in Indian cinema, Anupam Kher’s dreams were too high than reality. “I was failed in all other aspects of filmmaking and was completely bankrupt because my dreams were higher than realities. So, I started my acting school in a small room with 12 students to prepare future actors and actresses,” he once confessed.
- Jackie Shroff: He got bankrupt in 2008. Several cases were slapped on him and his production house, Jackie Shroff Entertainment Limited failed without a trace. He in fact had to take loan from Sajid Nadiadwala which he was not able to repay and also had to deal legal case for the same. He then sold his properties to repay Sajid.
- Govinda: TheHero No. 1Govinda faced a tough financial phase when he didn’t have money to even hire taxis. Salman Bhai then came to his rescue and made ‘Partner’ with him.
- Shweta Basu Prasad: The very talented actress embarked her acting career in childhood and was one of the most famous child artists of her time. She even received a National Award for the Best Child Artist in 2002 for her terrific role in ‘Makdi’. But then she ran out of money and financial constraints forced her to follow sex trade business to regain her loss. It came as a shocking news when she was caught in a prostitution scandal in Hyderabad.
Well now, she is ruling the Indian television industry with her empress role in ‘ChandraNandini’.
- Abhay Deol: In 2014, when his production ‘One By Two’ flopped, he suffered massive losses. He then sold his home to repay the loans.